SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

If someone has a bunch of CGT they are facing they might want to...

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    If someone has a bunch of CGT they are facing they might want to realise some of the losses they have they could for argument sake pay around $55 I think to do a offmarket transfer from one holding to another so they can realise the losses for offsetting purposes. Go from personal name into a family trsut or from one partner to another.... The only other time a loss can be claimed is if the company gets wound up whcih is like watching paint dry who knows when it will occur. I know if i have a tax bill of $10k and have $10k of losses potentially avaialble to offset this gain I'd spend the $55 so as not to pay the ATO as you can't carry gains forward whereas losses can be carried forward. Failing to have someone to seel to you can always sell to delisted.com.au who will mop up companies shares in situations like this for a simlar cost. At least if you sell to something to something else you control you might get some benefit one day if SDL ever come out of this situation. You can really only sell to a super fund if you run a SMSF as most retail and industry funds won't allow such transfers.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.