LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

update

1. 872 Posts.
    Arnold James ..Company secretary rang me back well after Market close and apologised Liz Whiteway couldnt return my call..all are flat out ..and said could only spare me a few minutes...25 mins later,we closed off.
    THE CONCENTRATION PLANT.
    Im starting with the most important issue.
    Apparently there has been quite a bit of scepticism in the US as to the Commissioning of the CP.
    Please explain.
    In a nut shell..does LYC have enough skill/knowledge to get the CP operational...?????
    SO ?
    This is actually a price sensitive issue.
    This was a lesson to me how little we know whats happening over our heads.
    Bottom line.
    The Commissioning will extinguish these doubts.He couldnt elaborate WHO were sceptic,but obviously its the Fund managers.
    Then the line I was fishing for.
    Everything with the CP is going to plan,and that an announcement to the Market would be made sometime in June.
    I know the majority of posts on the CP have been low key in importance..not so with LYC..obviously very important.
    Its about convincing the sceptics.
    Summary.
    The CP is 2 issues.
    1.The Commissioning (everything going to plan) is paramount.
    2.Capacity and output.Time is on LYC,s side ..Arnold said they have up to Sept to get the ore there,so no rush.(also sensitive as will go hand in hand with Commissioning ann...vital..is NO.1
    THE LAMP.
    Progress is at Ramp up stage.Employment advertising has begun.Full steam ahead for Sept completion.Everything on schedule.
    IAEA.
    Of the 22 meetings there were closed and open meetings.
    The closed ones were with LYC..Sensitive.
    The Malay GOV...Sensitive.
    Opposition parties..sensitive.
    During the open sessions the virtues of the LAMP were explained.
    What Virtues ??
    Glad I asked,I was under the impression that the recycling water process was the water going through the plant...actually its the wash through the waste.
    Well my ears went into overdrive.
    Grab a cuppa Arnold..tell me exactly.
    He called it a river,so this water comes from this nearby river ,unpurified...flows through our crappy waste..(not the plant)and comes out purified.
    I asked..Did you at least grab a glass of water from the "before..and "After" and show it to our dear protestors..he laughed..visually you cant tell he said,..but once you analyse it ..big difference..purer.

Diplomatically..Arnold said ..We will respect the findings of the IAEA,and that he really couldnt comment on or speculate what their final report would be.
    Summary.
    The IAEA ticked all the boxes.Very professional.Were authoritarian,did chemical testings,inspected the plant physically,spoke and listened to all points of view.
    Now we wait.
    THE PROTESTORS.
    Allow me to digress.
    In my brain I see the protests as a negative 9.
    Its chances of success..a 2...out of 10.
    In that mindset,my opening remark was that I have a real concern about the protestors capacity.
    Straight to the Summary.
    LYC see the protestors ..negative value..0.1.
    Chance of success...0.00.
    I deflated at the speed of a pricked balloon...a good deflation..like when you have wind..and you evacuate a room.
    Arnold...they are such a minority......me....no they are not...have you looked at all the forums..the internet in general...(God i thought im an internet nerd)
    LYC have scanned the forums..conclusion..
    1.The protestors are walking up to people and asking them do they want a nuclear plant near their home..no..good sign this.
    2.Multiple entries..same posters.
    3.Weapon..fear..emotion.uninformed.
    EFFECT>>>NIL>
    Arnold ..talk to me about the Ringleader..Fuziah Salleh.
    He laughed,before he could say a word..(in built protection against a BS answer)..she was invited to the First IAEA meeting on monday..the 10.30 session..she had 30 mins with the experts..and since then is in full cry.
    Arnold..yes..straight afterwards her tactics changed to DISCREDIT the IAEA.
    (Yes we saw that shift)
    Summary.
    We Lynasheads have to go for a walk in the cold air,or get a good looking girl to slap our faces.Clear our head.
    We in the trenches have magnified the impact of the protestors.
    See below.
    Malaysian Gov.
    If the protestors were an earthquake ..with the GOV..they are about a 0.0001 on the Richter scale.
    Arnold..went into rhetoric.."we are being fully supported by the Gov...we are in constant communication on all levels..the AELB..Inviromentalists..its on going and with full support.
    They want this project to get underway as quickly as possible.
    Summary.
    They likewise will respect and wait for the IAEA final report.
    Sojitz.
    Q..Arnold..when Sojitz did their due diligence did they engage the Gov.
    Arnold..yes they did..the principle issue was the ENVIROMENT..Japan was very sensitive to the Mitsubishi disaster.
    This meant that they put LYC and the Malaysian GOV. through the microscope.Then they SIGNED THE CONTRCT.
    Q.Has Sozitz remained in contact due to the protests ?.
    No need ..all the assurances are nailed down.
    Yes the only ones going the wrong way are the few protestors.
    THE WASTE.
    Almost annoyed..an announcement has already been made public..the Gypsum..3 different..blah blah ..whoooo Arnold.
    I know the breakup..what i want to know is how far down the track is LYC with signing contracts for the waste.
    He started by the misconceptions as to how much waste would eventually need to be stored.
    So we moved onto the gypsum..we know there are 3 sectors in this waste.
    Sector 1..Gypsum..already has 2 commercial entities where contracts are at negotiated stage.
    Sector.2 .Gypsum..at the request of clients doing tests.
    Sector 3..PROBLEM CHILD..full on research continuing,few options,more being tested.
    Summary.
    Any query on the Waste Management Issue...its full on.
    Obvious Q..ok so while all this is evolving whats happening with the waste.
    Same answer as we all know....LYC has gone above and beyond standards or requirements..Engineered Storage tanks.
    I asked for a time span..best he could give was ,LYC will only store the stuff in the short to medium term..well ..throw a dart...but its not safe..its ultra safe.
    China.
    Arnold....when do you anticipate China will come out with the 2nd half quota.
    Yes..due this month..perhaps 1 st week in July.
    Q..how are you reading China.
    Arnold..China is distorting the figures as they are including alloys in their figures which would indicate a rise in quota.
    However,the mines they are closing down is having quite an impact on production.
    China is concerned for their own market,so a drop in quota most likely.
    MY summary.
    Im a Libran..and about the only thing that i accept about Astrology..is that the greatest sin a Libran can do is not to give a Balanced view.
    Ive tried desperately to interperate this realy important conversation with LYC without bias.
    When i sift through the mist it strikes me how Arnold spoke of the importance of the CP commissioning...because it made my mind float.
    Chihawk..wrote that when MCP CEO Smith last spoke ..he referred to LYC..as a..Greenfield.
    So add US sceptism,my first thought was..you bastards.
    MCP/US has all the know how,the rest know nothing.
    Arrogance.
    I could be miles off..but i gathered from Arnolds tone to Commission the LAMP would fair stick it right up the DOUBTERS...or is that just me.
    Disclaimer.
    This my opinion..when Arnold referred to theb US..I dont think hev was referring to the citizens,...but the Major Fund Managers.
    Yes they look at the Basket Price..yes we gloat we can produce 11,000t,but the Boys are saying..PROVE YOU CAN EVEN GET TO SQUARE 1..it makes more sense to me why we have been so tightly held..Crush the stuff to specification..then we will really take you serious.
    To me..the money so far thrown at LYC has been Insurance..Just in case we can deliver.
    If this is the reaction to the CP..then we can summise that the same doubts will relate to the LAMP.
    That is in the hands of the Rhodia/our scientists..good..they are Pros as well.
    There are some massive kick starters for the SP.coming up.
    ill end by saying..my glass half full response to the protestors,after hearing Arnold,its a whisper,not even noise.:)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.