WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

update, page-53

1. 887 Posts.
    Below is part of the announcement that is really good news for me - as the main plank for me to invest in OBJ was their future business and current R&D relationship with GSK.

GSK
    The Company is pleased to report that the work with GSK in the field of oral health is proceeding with a view to expanding the scope of the current collaboration to include additional key oral health active ingredients. A number of study programs are currently being planned.

During the quarter the relationship with GSK was expanded to include discussions with the GSK Pharmaceutical groups in the US.

Why I am excited by this? I have to go back 3 years to explain.

Background

In 2008 GSK formed a DPU model (Discovery Performance Units) for all its future
    R & D. At the end of 2011 GSK completed its first round of assessments of all its DPU’s.

Below is a quote GSK CEO Andrew Witty from their February press release for the 2011 fourth quarter.

The formation of our DPU model (Discovery Performance Units) in 2008 was another key part of our strategy to drive greater efficiency in R&D. These units comprise 5-70 scientists, with each group focusing on one particular disease or pathway. Over the last three years, I have visited many of the DPUs and am very pleased with the energy, approach and productivity we are seeing from our scientists in these units.

As we planned, a board, comprising senior GSK R&D leaders and individuals from outside of the company operating in venture capital and Biotech/Pharma investment, has now completed performance and funding reviews for all of our DPUs. Our approach has been driven by assessments of potential returns on investment, scientific quality and opportunity.

This has led to new investment allocations in Discovery research and as a result, four new DPUs have been created and three have been closed; of the remaining DPUs, six have received increased investment and five have had investment decreased.

So in Feb this year we learnt OBJ was still part of a DPU. Now the quarterly update tells it is expanding to include additional key oral health active ingredients.

So - does this spell out more toothpaste, mouthwash and in particular teeth whitening products for the future for GSK using OBJ technologies?

I believe the answer is YES - and that's one of the main reason I GLADLY own OBJ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.