WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

update, page-59

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    I completely agree also, Jonty and Coppertop,

We have several irons in the fire, this much we do know, however I also believe it remains equally important for us to appreciate, as s/holders of OBJ, that what we are not informed of, we can all be rest assured that the competition does not know either.

If you click on this, 'announcement' to open last weeks update, does anyone have any thoughts on what the image being displayed down the left of the page is might be illustrating?

Also, when we go to OBJ's website the image appearing imo resembles some form of nanotube, although this is not a new feature to the site and has appeared on that page for some time now?

Obviously OBJ's science would involve developing the micro-array field interactions with the target system or structures, and there have been some exciting developments very recently with nanotubes and electroporation being studied for the treatment of soft tissue tumors in the liver, lung, prostate, head and neck, kidney and pancreas.

It's only very early studies being carried out on mice, but the results are quite promising:

"They found that the Irreversible Electroporation treatment method killed twice as many cancer cells with BNNTs (88 percent) on the cell surface than without (40 percent).

"They were able to get, in a petri dish, more than double the effectiveness. So, this technique works twice as well with our nanotubes on the cells than without them. That's a big deal, because you can either use a lot less voltage or kill a lot more cells," said Smith."

Now, rewinding back to the image displayed down the left side of our s/holder update - this imo might be graphene, a honey-comb arranged sheet of one atom thick carbon atoms which was first discovered about 8 years ago by scientists at the University of Manchester. Since its discovery other exciting materials have been adapted from this exciting new material such as, "GraphExeter" developed most recently which researchers believe is set to revolutionize the electronic industry.

The first time I read about this new wonder material I didn't take very much notice of it and couldn't work out what all the fuss was about, however I never joined the dots either, but now I do have a clearer understanding of what's really going on, and why there is a race against time...

Indium-doped tin oxide is very fragile and toxic compared to graphene, and it is expected that world supplies will be running out in 2017

The problem is however, ITO is one of the most widely used oxides because of its electrical conductivity and optical transparency properties. Properties our world is now reliant on for making LCD displays, solar cells, iPads and smart-phone touch screens, and OLED displays used in our televisions and computer monitors...

So is graphene which is pictured below, also the material being more prominently illustrated as a watermark in our last announcement? It's a nice thought isn't it, but how ironic at the same time - here we are thinking yeah Glyn sounds quite confident this year, whilst the world is about to run out of a major component for manufacturing IPhones, IPads, LCD TV screens, computer monitors, solar cells, touch screens etc etc... OBJ is just about to save the world, and the only words the good MD wants to share with shareholders, is "plans should result in an exciting and expansive 2012" haha, he could've just said, plans should result in you all retiring before Christmas... ;) All in good spirit...

"The majority of OBJ's potential partners, including the announced relationships with GSK, 3M and FMCG companies, have widely diversified product portfolios across multiple product categories and sectors. The potential for OBJ's technology platforms to add value and product innovations across multiple product categories, multiple brands and in a wider range of markets increases the appeal of the Company as a long term technology partner".
    ___

Sensodyne Futures Team

"Crossing new frontiers in global innovation with Sensodyne; branding and packaging for a new problem and a new era."
    "Working with the global innovation team and local markets to launch step change innovation for Sensodyne. The 'enamel protection' proposition is communicated through a branding solution that translates cohesively across more than 50 markets including the USA. Comprehensive brand guidelines continue to ensure efficient and consistent roll-out across the globe."

“They believe in creating strong brand identities which build brand equity and this is exactly what they delivered. They are a great and passionate team to work with.”
    Innovations Director,
    The Futures Group, GSK.

___

Was just searching through a few old posts and stumbled on one kindly contributed by Bluebush after having a chat with Glyn and Jeff at the AGM towards the end of last year.

Just wanted to highlight a couple of the items from your post thanks, Bluebush

BB:- asked Glyn specifically if OBJ was still associated with 3M, and he said yes!.

BB:- Jeff mentioned that they had a patent application registered for eSkin well before they took the product on the roadshow to the international majors.

BB:- I asked Glyn during the AGM performance rights discussion whether the milestones were chronological, and he said yes they were.

BB:- I asked whether in a technology development timline whether the JDA stage or the marketing dept stage were most advanced, he said definitely marketing.

BB:- I also quizzed Jeff about the relative efficacy of chemical measures vs OBJ technology and was very comfortable with the answer. He simply said, most chemical transdermal technologies would be further enhanced via magnetophoresis.
    ___

Hi Gbr,

You might be spot on, - however, the Corporate Presentation was delivered during 4Q/2011, and as reported they had already commenced "multi-product discussions" with a major "US" Pharma...? Glaxo is a global force in the Pharma world, but are they ever labeled as a "US Pharma"?

Then again, I suppose the English have for the most part, always claimed GlaxoSmithKline as one of their own success stories... but I probably wouldn't be the only kiwi around here to recall a few of my old history lessons... albeit, with a quick refresher from my mate, Google...

In 1873 a chap by the name of Joseph Edward Nathan, founded Joseph Nathan and Co, a trading company in New Zealand - He was a founding committee member of the Wellington Tramway Company, Director of the Wellington Gas Company, New Zealand Candle Company, Wellington Wool Manufacturing Company and was also president of the Wellington Chamber of Commerce in 1881.

12 months earlier he had set up the Wellington Harbour Board and was also appointed as chairman of directors for the Railways. It was over these same couple of years that he negotiated securing the patent rights to become the first company to manufacture dried-milk in New Zealand.

In 1904, Joseph opened his dried-milk factory in a small southern town in the north island of NZ called Bunnythorpe... and it was indeed this same little dried-milk factory, hidden away in a little rural country town in NZ that a global giant was born. In 1907 Joseph went to London to market the importing side of his dried-milk business, and it was also during this same trip to London where he went to register a new subsidiary to parent company, Joseph Nathan & Co. He originally tried to register the name, "Lacto" - coming from a Latin reference in milk, but unfortunately, or one might say, fortunately for 'LactoSmithKline' this name was rejected by the registrar, so he decided on the Greek term instead. "Glaxo" which he derived from the Greek word, "galactin", (gelatin like substance from milk containing nitrogen) and it was on this day in 1906 that the Glaxo name was born, and trademark protected to this day.

The Beecham side of the story as far as my memory permits was unsuccessful in its first attempt to merge with Glaxo in the early 70's - and it was also around the same time Glaxo's bid for Boots was also rejected

Glaxo — the multinational company that began at Bunnythorpe

Sirtris Pharma
    IsoSciences Inc
    Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs
    Silar Labs
    Stiefel
    ViiV Healthcare
    Meyer Lab
    Bristol-Myers Squibb
    Nutraceuticals World

From GSK's Business and Development Presentation - Feb 2012
    Late-Stage Licensing
    "Over the past ten years, GSK signed more late-stage collaborations than anyone else in the industry. In fact, a large portion of our late-stage pipeline is a direct result of these collaborations."

Product Development Pipeline - 2012

GSK: Q1 results 2012 - CFO Simon Dingemans
    ___

In October last year, EMKinetics, a company spin-out of TheraNova announced the start of Pivotal Trials for the TranStim™ Transdermal Neuromodulation System which is being led by a strategic investment from Allergan, Inc
    ___

Did anyone notice the Kérastase FUSIO-DOSE banner ads on hc yesterday afternoon?

L'Oreal Paris paid advertising on hotcopper... can't say I really understand their marketing strategy targeting this site, but it's still a timely reminder to show us the market saturation these major globals have the resources to cover and continue to aggressively dominate over smaller competitors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.