PTX 2.38% 4.1¢ prescient therapeutics limited

updated chart, page-2281

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1198
    After noting bits and pieces of comments, partnerships and actions over time, I wrote a long scree about what I think is the "ulterior" mindset at PTX but decided not to post it. Maybe later. But the upshot is, I don't think SYC feels too compelled to ramp the crud out of every bit of news to please shareholders. While his fiduciary obligation is to maximise value for shareholders, how he goes about that is a leeway he has and I don't think it involves letting big PhRMA get their hands on the company.

Looking at the talent on board, the institutions who PTX is engaged with and how they all seem to be acting in a very altruistic manner, the intended path to glory might be more in the achieving of meaningful change in cancer outcomes rather than scoring "booyah" bucks. If those results end up in creating massive value for the shareholders anyway then they can say they got there regardless, just by a longer route. If that is the intent, it might explain why a small outfit like PTX got granted the rights to develop these precious technologies rather than them just being given to some big, cigar smoking outfit with much bigger pockets and better connections.

So there seems to me to be a "cause" at play here as much as a business plan. Note how SYC himself disparaged the ridiculous costs of cancer treatment in his presentations and how PTX was targeting that issue. IIRC I think some mention was also made about how viable programs of other drugs in the past had been shut down for profit's sake. Truth will out. Are the distinguished people and institutions involved looking for a rain-making pay day here? Or to achieve the aspirations that first started their careers? Dunno. Could be reading too much into it but it it fits my jigsaw nicely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
-0.001(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $33.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.2¢ 4.0¢ $17.86K 437.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 312525 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 1528 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.