PTX 4.17% 4.6¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Everyone will have different needs and expectations in regards...

1. 3,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3205
    Everyone will have different needs and expectations in regards to their investment in PTX.

I personally think it's important to take an aerial view of what's happening on the metaphoric battlefield before making any decisions in regards to my PTX investment.

Whilst it can certainly be painful looking at the share price over a prolonged period, is that the only measure of success or consideration?

The most critical thing for any company is staying capitalized, if you can't finance your projects or businesses needs then it's mute how good your projects may be.

PTX is well funded, with circa $20m in the bank and a cash burn of about $4.5m a year.

Provided PTX can continue to deliver positive results across the portfolio, this should translate into capacity to raise further funding as needed. It's worth noting that even in the worst of conditions over the last 24 months PTX were able to successfully raise significant amounts of capital in a placement that was further supported by an extension to sophisticates after the initial CR was completed. In addition the options expiry in March 2023 was taken up in full.

PTX investors need to be realistic about the general conditions globally, we have to take a good hard look across the biotech sector as a whole. If investors are thinking that a few great announcements will be the answers to our prayers, it may not be that simple.

If you look at other biotech company performances and how news has effected market caps, I think the findings will be that great performance in the lab has not necessarily translated to performance in the share price.

Mark my words, conducive conditions will return to the biotech sector but patience will be required. It may not be for another 1-2 years? But provided your investment stays funded and delivers in the lab then it will undoubtedly enjoy the spoils when investment does return to the sector.

Cell therapy is largely under the radar, but it's certainly gaining more attention everyday and it's only a matter of tine before funds move to gain exposure in their portfolio's. When this happens companies like PTX with premium IP and partnerships will be front and center for their dollars.

Cool calm and collected, for those that bought during a wave of funding in the sector before the bottom fell out due to unforeseen circumstances such as supply, inflation and Ukraine...Keep your eye on the ball and unless there are funding issues or the capacity to deliver in the lab I would be playing it long and waiting for the wave to return because the immediate share price problem is not a PTX problem, it's a sector problem & needs to be analyzed as such imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
-0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.6¢ $94.55K 2.033M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7000 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 550000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ 409565
Last updated 15.51pm 03/05/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.