BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Updated listing price, page-10

1. 2,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    It will obviously set them back, but for how long? If efficacy is potentially right around the corner, and that is really what the market, or even potential partners are waiting for, will it really push them that far back? Only time will tell.

Positive efficacy data could potentially open the flood gates that major players are waiting for.

One thing to consider is that positive efficacy data may save a two edged sword of some sort. Let's say that TT-034 works, and a viral reduction is seen in cohort 3 or 4, but only a certain percentage, could that percentage go up over time since it is supposed to have lasting effects? But on the other hand, what if viral reduction is seen at cohort 4 that shows a complete or near complete viral load reduction, will people wait another 3-6 months to ensure there is no rebound?
    Personally, from all the preclinical, TT-034 is designed to be more like at least a triple combination therapy since it targets 3 spots on the hcv genome. So I believe the expectation is that if it works, it should work very well...at least that's the theory. Therefore, a RVR, or Rapid Viral Response, with the appropriate dose, in my opinion, is a good possibility. Especially since it is targeting, continuously, those 3 hcv spots. Designed this way, it is supposed to "silence" the virus 3 times so-to-speak, which is supposed to maximize its silencing capability and reduce or eliminate viral mutation/escape. My take is that if it works, it should work very effectively. Just my opinion though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.