My kids went to a Public School for the first 5 yrs and it would...

1. 2,759 Posts.
    My kids went to a Public School for the first 5 yrs and it would cost me $27 for both of them. It could have been so great, nice little school in a country town.

The Public School they went to got "extra" funding of $4,000 because it is classed as a low socio-economic area...lol In the last year that they were there we got a playground, the facilities were worse than when I attended school. No funding for smart boards, computers etc and still the old wooden desks (no bull, it was like stepping back to the 70's). New Head Master every year as no one wanted to stay because a lot of the kids had behavioural probs...lol Does the Education Department have an agenda to close these small schools!

The year my kids left, 35 kids also left, why wouldn't the Education Department investigate such a huge number leaving a school! Because they don't give a damn about the poor people that have to send their kids there because they have no other choice!

My kids have been at a their private school now for nearly a year and I can't fault it, absolutely brilliant, the kids love it. The best thing is they can compare, after going to a school where "anything goes" to a school with very strict rules which they love and it is worth every cent...and they can "look after themselves" lol.

But I would still have loved to send them to the local public primary but it just wasn't up to snuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.