PCL 0.00% 2.4¢ pancontinental energy nl

I really don't know why everyone is so worked up about this...

1. kkw
    7,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 688
    I really don't know why everyone is so worked up about this announcement.
    This morning, I read it again after not having any drastic news from TLW that I can find.

The announcement states

In accordance with Listing Rule 17.1:

(a) Pancontinental is seeking the trading halt pending the making of an announcement to the market in relation to the Cormorant-1 well, offshore Namibia and the results of drilling;

(b) Pancontinental is seeking the trading halt to assist in maintaining an orderly market in the trading of the company’s securities and managing its disclosure obligations;

(c) Pancontinental requests the trading halt until the earlier of the commencement of trading on Tuesday 25 September 2018 or Pancontinental releasing an announcement to the market concerning this issue; and

(d) Pancontinental is not aware of any reason why the trading halt should not be granted.

Item (a)
    I would say PCL is expecting news on the results of Cormorant, such as hitting the top of the target zone or some zone of interest higher up that can provide some news on likely Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon. The fact that TLW didn't announce anything meant that nothing drastic happened in the drilling. Just the results of drilling; which PCL is expecting, but good or bad unknown at this stage.

Item (b)
    PCL is trying to avoid any panicky or unfair trading caused by any leaks (say from the rig) on any news that is coming over the course of the 4 days. Hence maintaining an orderly market.

Item (c)
    "concerning this issue" has got nothing to do with drilling of the well, problems or otherwise, it is referring to "maintaining an orderly market."

AIMHO

Have a good one

KKW

PS
    But let's hope it's good news and the TH is to stop insiders taking advantage of the Mums and Dads.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $194.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.2¢ $240.0K 10.38M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 4546206 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ 2254630
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.