NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Thanks Timmsy. How good has the NWE forum been through-out the...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2320
    Thanks Timmsy. How good has the NWE forum been through-out the Lockyer campaign but particularly thought-out the MIN T/O. Some really great posters out there, all contributing thoughtful information, sharing grounded research... so many are pitching-in, so many doing the heavy lifting, with the overarching goal to help educate and allow everyone to make informed decisions. One of the best forums I have been on for a long time, may it continue.

So @steeletheone I also noticed that announcement by MIN today, very much under the radar. In a nutshell it means NWE acceptances have come way off. From my memory this is the lowest number since the T/O campaign started. Out of curiosity I thought to just go back the past few weeks and confirm this fact. Here is what I found:

• 8-10 Feb (3 days) : 657,643 MIN shares issued (~855m NWE shares accepted)
    • 13-15 Feb (3 days) : 326,725 MIN shares issued (~425m NWE shares accepted)
    • 16-20 Feb (3 days) : 779,932 MIN shares issued (~1,014m NWE shares accepted)
    • 21-23 Feb (3 days) : 152,804 MIN shares issued (~199m NWE shares accepted)
    • 24-28 Feb (3 days) : 298,374 MIN shares issued (~388m NWE shares accepted)
    • 1-3 Mar (3 days) : 167,926 MIN shares issued (~218m NWE shares accepted)
    • 6-8 Mar (3 days) : 23,819 MIN shares issued (~31m NWE shares accepted)
    • 9-14 Mar (4 days) : 20,682 MIN shares issued (~27m NWE shares accepted)
    • 15-17 Mar (3 days) : 84,728 MIN shares issued (~110m NWE shares accepted)
    • 20-22 Mar (3 days)... the latest announcement... : 17,991 MIN shares issued (~23m NWE shares accepted)

So pretty clear to see the trend here. The NWE acceptances have dropped right off the past 2 weeks... about the time the Lockyer-2 drill spudded on 15th Mar.

Worth bearing in mind that MIN's last reported holding in NWE was 74.36% as of 16th Mar. This means they need 0.64% or ~44m more NWE shares to get to the 75% mark. From my back of envelope calcs, MIN have already received ~38m of the 44m required... so only ~6m more needed. I have a gut feeling MIN will announce their further extension bang on tomorrow's 7pm deadline... and throw in a further scare tactic that they have attained 75% holding, and will move to try and delist NWE. Now I am not suggesting they can do this, I think it is clear and we all agree they can't, but I feel their tactics are to confuse and scare the remaining punters... they will take any opportunity to create further fear, uncertainty and doubt. Classic T/O guerilla warfare. Thankfully we have Hotcopper which allows us all to share knowledge and stay united.

And lastly... how is it that MIN can, through their newly majority controlled NWE BoD, continue to attest "Norwest’s directors have unanimously recommended that Norwest shareholders ACCEPT MinRes’ Offer, in the absence of a superior proposal." Why would us, the remaining shareholders, listen to our new BoD's recommendations to accept the very bid when 2 key execs of the entity making the T/O are on our BoD! How is that independent and not grossly conflicted? Just crazy stuff.

FYI, haven't sold a share... GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.