FAR 1.04% 47.5¢ far limited

All I received a reply from Cath to my email about her saying in...

1. 16,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    All

I received a reply from Cath to my email about her saying in an earlier video "In addition FAR has farmed into a neighbouring block [Djiffere] where we see an extension of the SNE field”." Like elemental I won't post the entire email but here is a sizele extract:

"To your question, yes, we do see the possibility of the SNE field extending further east. We cannot close the extent of the field as we are currently restricted by the lack of 3D seismic data. The new data we have collected as a JV and as FAR (in the Djiferre block) will allow us to do this. Is this important? Yes, it’s great to say we have a huge oil field but more importantly, we see possible lookalikes to SNE to the NE and understanding the structural constraints on the play is very important. However, an initial development plan for the SNE field is highly unlikely to consider production from the periphery of the field and so our focus at the moment is understanding MEFS (minimum economic field size) and where in the field these barrels are coming from and can we justify a phased development over SNE that would see the core in production before tying back the flanks of the field. Costs are very low in our business at the moment and it would be great to capture the opportunities cheap drill rigs and FPSO’s are affording us at the moment and have earlier first oil. As I have said many times, size is only one piece of the puzzle: deliverability and connectivity are also key to optimizing the development. It is in understanding the latter two points where the majority of our effort is going at the moment. I don’t have the answer for you yet but we will be making a statement this quarter regarding our view.

The new seismic data is starting to roll into the office in preliminary fomat and we also look forward to releasing information about our revised view of the prospectivity of the JV and Djiferre blocks in the coming weeks."

So quite a few positives in there ... the SNE field may extend east some way and the seismic will answer this question, they see possible SNE lookalikes to the NE (Sangomar/Rufisque/Djifere?), a possible plan for phased development being looked at with possibly earlier production, seismic results starting to come through and as a result an update on the JV block's prospectivity and Djiferre's not too far away.

Nothing we didn't know, deduce or expect from what has been previously stated but as always its good to have confirmation. Hopefully our patience will be rewarded over coming months.

Cheers

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.