NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

I think that A2 from memory was drilled to the bottom of all the...

1. 2,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 895
    I think that A2 from memory was drilled to the bottom of all the formations.
    It wasn't until we got the FRACCing done of the bottom zone that we got the 770mcf/d flow rate from the well.
    As it turned out the Fraccing actually fractured the next layer up which the gas flow came from.
    From my discussions with Peter he was of the opinion from the results gained in America that the flow rates were linear with horizontal drilling and fraccing.
    Here on Copper we discussed in detail, with contributions from many knowledgeable posters, how fraccing was done with well designs that would maximise the output from the single well head.
    NWE was on the cusp of doing great things when the Greens stepped in and caused delays that nearly broke the company. The Greens and the Labor Government then changed the approval requirements for permits to drill. That change caused significant delays in NWE getting approval to drill Xanadu. The big issue was the fact that the depatment deliberately didnot inform the applicants what the changes were that were required. So application submission after application submission were returned requiring more information eating up heaps of time and mega dollars of company funds.
    Those of you who are new to NWE might be interested to go back through the posts and search out some by "pumper" who managed to get an interview with the departmental person who signed off on the permits .... very interesting and revealing conversation.
    I don't think that I have ever come across a company who have suffered so much adversity from the decisions of others and still survived ... and as alexei ii alluded to, largely thanks to the dedication of founder David Kennedy and his willingness to financially back the company when the wolves were at the door.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.