SYR 4.00% 24.0¢ syrah resources limited

Hi Tulip,You seem genuinely interested in this issue so I’m more...

1. 91 Posts.
    Hi Tulip,
    You seem genuinely interested in this issue so I’m more than happy to share my thoughts. A bit of background information.

- Uranium is an common element on Earth
    - Common variety soils average ~3 ppm U and coals which are burnt everyday can contain up to 20 ppm+ U (I‘m not going to provide links as these facts can be EASILY verified by google)
    - ppm = per parts per million or 1g per 1 tonne (which is equivalent to 1,000,000g)

Certain posters assert that the U ppm readings at Balama are anomalous and worthy of concern. Let’s examine this logically.

5 ppm = 5 g per tonne. Can 5g of U attached itself to and contaminate each and every single 1,000,000g of ore? Can even 20 ppm (which is only a dot on the map) “fit” into 1,000,000g? Of course not!

Accordingly, does it not logically imply that 99.9995% to 99.998% of ore is uranium free? SYR’s announcement on the 27/9/12 which states that a 97% pure concentration is possible confirms just that.

Certain posters then claim that a failure to mention a lack of U is proof that there is uranium. Is this reasonable?

Should every single mining company repeatedly report the 100+ elements in the periodic table that their ore DOES NOT contain?

Yes, SYR has not announced an offtake agreement as yet but management has advised that discussions are ongoing and recall that SYR is targeting a large quantity of saleable graphite (~220 kt) so it is to be expected that transactions of such magnitude will take time.

As an example, if I was to adopt the petulant and irresponsible attitude of certain posters, I note that KNL, in their metallurgical announcement (5 June 2015) also failed to mention a lack U. In addition, there has been no news regarding their non-binding offtake MOU for over 2 months now. Does this mean the agreement has fallen through or there is U in their graphite??

Of course not! To state otherwise is pure conjecture or outright lies, but this is the sort of strawman argument that certain posters would like you to apply to SYR!

So I ask, should long term, well researched holders be constantly subjected to these ludicrous claims? Should SYR management cave and make announcements every month to disclaim a LACK OF uranium? I would be concerned if they did!

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $248.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 24.5¢ 24.0¢ $1.204M 4.976M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 4529626 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.5¢ 313246 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.