BMN 5.23% $2.72 bannerman energy ltd

uranium demand

1. 269 Posts.
    I AM A SIMPLE PERSON (BUT DO MY RESEARCH AND WHY I BOUGHT BMN)BUT FUTURE VALUE OF SP WILL BE DETERMINED BY 6 MAIN THINGS:

1. HOW MUCH U THERE IS IN THE GROUND
    2. HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU TO MINE IT
    3. HOW MUCH DEMAND THERE IS FOR U
    4. THE PRICE OF U IN THE MARKET( A FUNCTION OF 1 AND 3 REALLY)
    5. HOW GOOD MGMT ARE
    6. POLITICAL RISK WHERE THE MINE IS LOCATED

EVERTHING I AM READING TELLS ME BMN TICKS ALL THE BOXES AND WILL BE A HUGE MINE AND SUCCESS. DOES ANYONE REALLY DISAGREE IN PRINCIPLE?

i AM ALSO A MAGPIE AND STOLE THIS FROM ANOTHER THREAD. DEMAND IS ONLY GOING TO GO UP AND UP THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. i ALSO READ THAT BRAZIL IS LOOKING AT BEING MORE AGGRESSIVE IN DEVELOPING NUCLEAR ENERGY. INDIA IS NEXT. THESE COUNTRIES HAVE HUGE ENERGY DEMANDS!!!!

Guodian Plans Atomic Plant With Westinghouse Reactors (Update4)

By Winnie Zhu

Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- China Guodian Corp., one of the nation's five biggest electricity generators, plans to build a nuclear power station in Fujian, southeastern China, using technology from Toshiba Corp.'s Westinghouse Electric Co. unit.

The plant in Zhangzhou city will have ``several'' reactors with 1 million-kilowatt capacity each and use Westinghouse's AP1000 technology, according to a statement yesterday on the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission's Web site. No financial details were given.

U.S.-based Westinghouse and France's Areva SA are competing to build as many as 26 reactors by 2020 as China turns to atomic energy to cut pollution and reliance on oil. The nation needs to build two reactors a year to meet a target of generating 4 percent of its power supply from nuclear plants by 2020.

``Westinghouse has its advantages in terms of technology and reactors operation,'' Yao Wei, a Shanghai-based analyst at Guotai Jun'an Securities Co., said today. ``It has a good relationship with Chinese partners.''

Liu Kemou, a director at China Guodian's media department, today confirmed the statement and declined to comment further. Wen Xuting, the Chinese company's spokesman, couldn't be reached by phone at his office.

``At this stage, we don't have enough information to make comments,'' said Ken Shinjo, a spokesman for Tokyo-based Toshiba.

Toshiba shares gained 2.1 percent to 883 yen on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. GD Power Development Co., the Shanghai-listed unit of China Guodian, climbed 4.7 percent, the biggest daily gain since Nov. 6, to close at 15.93 yuan.

China Orders

Pennsylvania-based Westinghouse, which was acquired by Toshiba last year, secured a $5.3 billion order from China National Nuclear Corp. in July to provide four AP1000 nuclear power reactors in Haiyang, Shandong Province and Sanmen, Zhejiang Province, both in eastern China.

Westinghouse will start building the reactors in eastern China in 2009. The first reactor will start operation in late 2013 and the remaining three will commence between 2014 and 2015, it said on July 24.

The company expects at least 35 orders within the next decade as the U.S. and China expand in atomic energy, Dan Lipman, the company's senior vice president said Sept. 19.

Areva Rivalry

Paris-based Areva in November won an 8 billion-euro ($12 billion) agreement to build two nuclear reactors for China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group Co. in Taishan in southern Guangdong Province, Chief Executive Officer Anne Lauvergeon said in Beijing on Nov. 26.

Guangdong Nuclear, the country's second-largest nuclear power producer, will also gain access to 35 percent of production from Areva uranium unit UraMin Inc., Lauvergeon said. The French company will supply nuclear fuel for the two reactors with 1,700 megawatts capacity each until 2026, she said then.

China plans to increase its spending on nuclear power plants by 12.5 percent to 450 billion yuan ($61 billion) during the 15 years ending 2020, the National Development and Reform Commission, the nation's top economic planner, said Nov. 2.

To contact the reporter on this story: Winnie Zhu in Shanghai at [email protected] .

Last Updated: December 5, 2007 02:46 EST

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=acU1rb3pS1xQ&refer=news

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.72
Change
-0.150(5.23%)
Mkt cap ! $483.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.78 $2.79 $2.65 $1.346M 493.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 12695 $2.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.73 6870 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.40am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.