ETM 6.12% 2.3¢ energy transition minerals ltd

"Uranium Film Festival"

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I found a reference to a film that is apparently going to be in this festival about the Kvanefjeld mine. The film goes for 30 minutes and seems to be available in full at the link. I don't have time to watch but someone might find time to have a squiz and see what it is like. The festival seems to be anti-mining so it will probably have that slant.

KUANNERSUIT / KVANEFJELD(link is external)
    UK, 2017, Directors Joshua Portway and Lise Autogena, Producer Lise Autogena, Documentary,  Danish and Greenlandic with English subtitles,  30 min

The film is a work in-progress, forming the first part of the artists’ long-term investigation into the conflicts facing the small, mostly indigenous, community of Narsaq in southern Greenland. Narsaq is located next to the pristine Kvanefjeld mountain;  site of one of the richest rare earth mineral resources deposits in the world, and one of the largest sources of uranium.

Greenland is a former colony of Denmark, which is now recognised as an “autonomous administrative division” of Denmark, supported economically by the Danish state. Many people see exploitation of mineral deposits as the only viable route to full independence.

For generations the farming near Kvanefjeld has been Greenland’s only agricultural industry. This way of life may soon be threatened, as Greenland considers an open pit mine proposed by Greenland Minerals and Energy, an Australian company. The mine would be the fifth-largest uranium mine and second-biggest rare earth extraction operation in the world. Autogena and Portway’s film portrays a community divided on the issue of uranium mining. It explores the difficult decisions and trade-offs faced by a culture seeking to escape a colonial past and define its own identity in a globalised world.

http://www.krwg.org/post/uranium-film-festival-coming-united-states-including-new-mexico

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
-0.002(6.12%)
Mkt cap ! $32.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.5¢ 2.3¢ $36.53K 1.543M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 151510 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 252330 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.