PDN 0.65% $13.16 paladin energy ltd

uranium forecast by macquarie, page-9

1. 216 Posts.

Once the public finds out more about the use of uranium and it's control then maybe they will become more comfrtable with the word...............

Blueice, having studied the case for a national repository for LLRW SLIRW and HLRW, and looked at the public review responses to the draught EIS, I can tell you its not the word "Uranium" that people have trouble with its, the 10 billion year odd half life. Makes the age of the pyramids look like yesterday.

How are you going to address inter generational equity over that time frame?
    Even allowing for a tiny tiny fraction of start up costs, for ongoing annual maintenance of waste, over a billion years...that cost is monumental. Perhaps you are relying on future generations being able to treat the waste?

Just playing devils advocate, not wanting to seem a hypocrite, I hold both ERA and PDN, simply because I believe in the people / governments choosing the easy path every time. And renewables alas, seem to be in the "too hard basket" and I see no prospect of that changing before the Nuclear bandwagon has many more reactors under its belt!

PS. I thought one of the problems with trading Uranium was that there is no "spot market", not one that functions like a normal spot market anyway, with physical stocks held somewhere. The problem I thought was there are ony two or so processors of U3O8 who refine the reactor grade U rods, and most stock is lodged with them, which means they have too much control over supply and utimately can manipulate "spot prices". There are moves I believe to develop a proper spot market, but wharehousing for large volumes of U a problem........any idea's why ;-).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.16
Change
0.085(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $3.942B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.07 $13.32 $13.02 $15.35M 1.167M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 605 $13.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.16 5027 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.11pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.