EMC 4.00% 13.0¢ everest metals corporation ltd

uranium junior beginning to glow

1. 749 Posts.
    Is anyone else feeling somewhat bemused at the comparative market caps of many of the uranium juniors out there? Most have licences in states that don't even allow new mines (a policy currently under review, I know). You can have the best resource in the world but that's not much use if you can't mine it. I bought into USA for this very reason: it owns tenements in South Australia which has a pro-uranium state government.

When you consider that TOE (which I'm not knocking, by the way) with a much smaller share of the surrounding prospective Uranium ground has a market cap four times that of USA ($55m for TOE compared to just $14.5m for USA), the potential of the latter stock becomes apparent. Also, as some would know, the Chinese presence on the USA board hints at the potential seriousness of USA's uranium resource and the longer term possibility of smoothly taking the stuff to market. Here's the blurb describing the Chinese non-executive director's credentials from the UraniumSA website:

'XU Gang is a uranium geologist with diverse experience in business research, project accountancy, marketing, finance and as a senior business advisor. He worked for Chinese National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC, the sole Uranium buyer in China) for more than 9 years. Now based in Beijing, China and working regularly in Perth, he has successfully developed a comprehensive business network in China and Australia and established connections with government agencies at various levels.

He is a member of AusIMM with extensive experiences in uranium, gold, copper, lead and coal. Working with the Perth based consultancy and project management group Sustainability he represents CNNC in Australia. In this role, he facilitated the signing of the first development and off-take agreement between an Australian uranium company and CNNC. He also maintains a good working relationship with Chinese nuclear power companies. While with Sino Gold as Finance and Marketing Manager, he sold the very first gold bullion and first batch of gold concentrate produced by international companies in China.'

As those who picked up their shares via Stellar will know, the stock is very tightly held and was heavily over-subscribed at listing. With the gravity survey to define the most prospective drilling sites about to commence (announced today), enough cash to take the company through this year's drilling programme at least and enthusiastic JV partners in Stellar Resources and Marathon Resources, the stock represents excellent value at its current market cap relative to other uranium juniors in my opinion.

Once the dust settles, the genuine explorers like USA with serious ground in uranium-friendly states will remain while those with nothing more than a glow-stick to wave will slowly fade away.

Good luck to all holders. DYOR. I hold both SRZ and USA and therefore have a vested interest. Caveat emptor.

Gupper

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 11.5¢ $94.10K 804.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18250 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 47594 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.