URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

uranium may have hyper price run, page-7

1. 1,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    spiderman, danube is not speculating on future uranium demand, but merely stating what is already in the press and becoming obvious. You would do well to read some perhaps less biased reporting.

This is from the Council on Foreign Relations

The world uses 67,000 tons of mined uranium a year. At current usage, this is equal to about seventy years of supply. The World Nuclear Association says demand is projected to grow by 33 percent in the next decade to correspond with a 27 percent projected growth in nuclear reactor capacity. However, more efficient nuclear reactors, such as "fast-reactor" technology, could extend those supplies by more than two thousand years. Experts say spent fuel can be reprocessed for use in reactors but currently is less economical than new fuel. Currently, there are nearly one thousand commercial, research, and ship reactors worldwide; more than fifty are under construction, and 130 are in planning stages.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/14705/global_uranium_supply_and_demand.html

This chart is from the World Nuclear Association and is here only to support my assertion that the price of u will spike in a year or so and that the best placed companies are ones that can start producing this year or 2011.

This is not quite what some on hc are advocating, but make of it what you will. I'm not trying to talk down uranium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.