ETM 4.76% 2.2¢ energy transition minerals ltd

uranium miner out in the cold

1. 1,537 Posts.
    Sounds like our *illustrious* management have made little or no headway in 9 days. Unreal. I wonder if they thought of contacting Kurt? Thank God they have to give an update on 31 July, otherwise we would never hear a peep out of these guys.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25724806-5016575,00.html

Uranium miner out in the cold

STILL no news from Perth-based Greenland Minerals and Energy, which has been suspended from trading since June 23 so its board can clarify some press reports that could affect its plan to mine for uranium.

The company acquired the Kvanefjeld multi-element deposit near the southwest tip of Greenland in 2007 and spent about $16m on drilling and environmental studies last year. It had hoped the recently elected government might reconsider the nation's ban on uranium mining.

The Greenland newspaper Sermitsiaq has been covering the uranium debate, and according to reporter Kurt Kristensen: "A proposed uranium mine on Kvane Mountain has been turned down by Ove Karl Berthelsen, Minister for Commerce and Raw Materials, due to its proximity to the town of Narsaq, western Greenland."

Berthelsen reportedly said: "Kvane Mountain is situated so closely to Narsaq that we simply can't run the risk of radioactive pollution as the result of uranium mining, even as a by-product."

It seems that Kristensen's reportage of the ongoing uranium issue is causing some headaches for the team at Greenland Minerals and Energy.

Managing director Rod McIllree this week forwarded one of Kristensen's articles -- titled "Government stick to their zero-tolerance policy meaning huge investment losses for Greenland Minerals and Energy" -- to colleagues by email.

"Kurt is repeatedly kicking us in the head. This makes the problem so much worse for us with the authorities," McIllree moaned, asking whether the situation was under control. Clearly it isn't, as the company is still suspended from trading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $30.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.4¢ 2.1¢ $22.34K 1.028M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 205945 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 42450 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.