UKL uranium king limited

Interesting article regarding the positive political sentiment...

1. 12,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    Interesting article regarding the positive political sentiment toward uranium mining in new mexico:

Senate Joint Resolution Underscored Importance of Nuclear Energy for Cleaning Up Environment while Addressing Our Energy Needs
    Monday, March 5, 2007

Santa Fe, NM – "I am confident a paradigm shift is coming that will provide clearer thinking about how to address our environmental and energy problems and that the result will be a recognition of the importance of nuclear power to solving those problems."

Since New Mexico has the largest proven uranium resources of any state in the country – estimated to be 600 million pounds worth $50 billion at current market prices – he believes, "Jobs in this industry are and can continue to be an important component of the economies of Cibola and McKinley Counties and of the State economy as a whole."

Senator Ulibarri noted that testimony in the committee hearings demonstrated there is significant grassroots support for this kind of economic development, as the economic impact in rural communities in northwest New Mexico will be tremendous.

According to Senator Ulibarri "We now know that uranium extraction can be done safely if we pay attention to what we have learned over the last 30 years. My memorial asks that the appropriate state agencies -- the State Department of Environment and the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Departments -- work with the extraction industry to ensure that we move forward with all the appropriate protections in place. Many new provisions of substantive law – both here in New Mexico and at the federal level -- have been enacted that have moved safety and environmental considerations forward so as to provide broad protection for not only industry employees but for the environment as well."

UKL now has one of the biggest land holdings in East Grants Uranium Belt with a defined resource of over 7 million pounds & heaps of prospective U ground!

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.