DYL 1.53% 99.5¢ deep yellow limited

Just killing some time that I should probably utilise in a more...

1. 1,753 Posts.
    Just killing some time that I should probably utilise in a more productive manner. Some snippets on uranium from recent press etc. Make of it what you will. But remember that INCA JORC is imminent.

From ...

IG Markets Australian Market Wrap
    01 April 2010 @ 05:25 pm AEST

Elsewhere, Paladin Energy was another strong performer, advancing 6.3% following rumours Chinese firms may be targeting Australian uranium companies.

Link - http://ibtimes.com.au/articles/20100401/cfd.htm

Also found here...

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/6186/paladin-energy-quizzed-by-asx-6186.html

Thursday, April 01, 2010
    Paladin Energy Quizzed By ASX

Namibian-focussed uranium producer Paladin Energy (ASX/TSX: PDN) has received a query from the Australian Stock Exchange regarding an increase in the company's share price.

Paladin replied it was not aware of any information that has not been announced through the ASX that could be an explanation for recent trading in the securities of the company.

A$3 billion-capped Paladin has bounced off a low of $3.50 to a current share price of $4.20.

The spot uranium price has climbed off the floor in March from US$40.50 to US$42.25 per pound.

If US-based uranium company Uranium Energy Corp. (AMEX:UEC) president and chief executive officer Amir Adnani is correct, uranium prices may be on the move. He said in an interview in Hong Kong recently that uranium prices may start to rise at the end of the year as demand from utilities improve.

PDN is a very close neighbour to DYL and also holds a 19% stake in DYL.

And some from here ....

BUSINESSMARCH 29, 2010
    Uranium Draws Interest From China
    By ALEX WILSON

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304370304575152940510315842.html?mod=WSJ_business_AsiaNewsBucket#articleTabs%3Darticle

Note paraphrased...

MELBOURNE, AustraliaSurging Chinese demand for uranium looks set to drive a fresh wave of Chinese investment in Australia-listed miners as nuclear power generators seek supply for dozens of planned reactors.

Chinese state-owned enterprises have been active in Australia's mining sector for years, largely focusing on iron ore and coal used in steelmaking.

Now, with an unprecedented nuclear reactor project under way, China is turning its sights to Australian yellowcake stocks. Many miners see the country as a cheap funding source, and analysts expect deals to flow this year.....

....No surprise then that Australian uranium miners, some of which have projects in resource-rich Africa and Canada, have received informal approaches from Chinese entities......

Analysts say Australia's biggest independent producer, Paladin Energy Ltd., ticks many boxes. It has expanded annual output at its Langer Heinrich mine in Namibia to 3.7 million pounds of uranium, while ramping up its Kayelekera mine in Malawi to 3.3 million pounds a year.....

......BBY Ltd. analyst Gavin van der Wath said there are few uranium resources on Australian soil not controlled by major miners, but there are many Australian-listed companies with projects overseas, which offer access to future production.

One could just about kick a footy into Langer Heinrich from DYLs NOVA JV in the North East.

Outta time. Kids are awake. Bit disjointed but interesting I hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
0.015(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $964.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.04 99.5¢ $5.400M 5.325M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 796 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 17213 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.