PDN 4.10% $15.50 paladin energy ltd

As a very long term holder since the last decimation of...

1. 1,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1968
    As a very long term holder since the last decimation of shareholders, it was very easy to be patient when nothing happened to the share price.

The uranium price narrative has changed immensely since then and with the help of SPUT, many here have now found their investments have increased 5 -10 times in value. It is strange how the risk of losing something can feel so different to the hope of making something, leading investors to be "trigger happy".

Believing in the long term nuclear energy story does not make selling at a profit any easier to resist, but like many here, it is an urge I do not succumb to as I expect the share price of PDN has a ways to go yet.

I know PDN market cap is up there at approx 50% of its all time high in the last boom in the noughties. Like others, I remember it well.

I do not have any particular price targets to sell down into but I expect to do just progressively that at increments of 10% - 15% above current levels. That said, I do not expect to sell any more than 50% of my current holding which I will carry all the way to wherever this company ends.

Everything is aligning for Paladin to be a major Australian success story. To be part of that long term success, one simply must hold for the long term. Buying dips will probably enhance returns, but selling will eliminate them. I keep these factors in the back of my mind before I hit the "enter" key.

Paladin was a life changer for me and owes me absolutely nothing. I hope it will be the same for all here who invest for the long term rather than speculate. All long term shareholders should expect days like today, that may last for weeks. It can be tough to hold your ground especially if SP falls are both sudden and steep. A little tip from an old timer like me will not make the falls easier to absorb but don't lose sight of the business you are invested in, the industry in which it participates, the world in which its product offers a solution in and the time frame it takes to develop alternatives.

GLTASH

DYOR nothing in life is guaranteed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.50
Change
0.610(4.10%)
Mkt cap ! $4.626B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.00 $15.50 $14.85 $20.41M 1.337M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 999 $15.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.52 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$15.47
  Change
0.610 ( 4.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
$15.09 $15.48 $14.86 264850
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.