BOE 1.64% $5.69 boss energy ltd

You don't need to be sorry; I certainly don't love coal. I am...

1. 50 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    You don't need to be sorry; I certainly don't love coal. I am invested in uranium, after all, and a greeny at heart. I understand that coal is responsible for more deaths than any other form of power generation. Coal is bad, and unfortunately, our politicians are short-sighted and seem to have vested interests in keeping old polluting industries like coal production and power stations up and running. We are a laughing stock of the world when it comes to emissions targets.

I guess I saw something in your previous post about how bad EV's are, if they are powered by coal. Yes, continuing to burn coal will always be bad and will definitely lead us to a future where we produce more C02 and nasty pollutants.

However, it's a good thing that people switch to EVs over a long period of time and are incentivized to buy EVs because; even if they use coal, they are better for the environment when it comes to emissions, even in Australia.

An article from Australia, talking about this in an Australian context:
    https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/electric-vehicles:-we-answered-your-questions/13409172

How can we call them “zero emissions vehicles” if I plug my car into a charging station that's powered by coal?
    It’s true that charging from the grid does cause emissions, but it’s still a much cleaner option than petrol and diesel cars.

Traditional cars produce emissions both from the tailpipe while driving, as well as the emissions that come from the production and distribution of fuel.

Dr Jake Whitehead is an e-mobility research fellow at the University of Queensland and told Hack that electric vehicles use about 30 per cent less emissions being charged on the grid. In a place like Tasmania, where most of the electricity comes from hydro energy, electric vehicles are 88 per cent more efficient.

In my previous post, I mentioned that there's a very high correlation between people who own an EV and those who have rooftop solar and battery storage. This suggests there is a theme of people thinking in a similar vein to yourself.

If you are talking about pollutants (that cause health issues and death) made from coal used to power EVs. Well, it's obvious to people like you and me that we need better forms of power production in this country. I think we are all tired of the ineffectual two-party system that never dares to rock the boat or listen to good advice from experts.

The future is electrifying everything and producing low to zero-carbon power to sustain that and our current standard of living.
    The order that this happens is somewhat important, but it seems like consumer demand shapes society more than political will. People buying EVs will push governments to think more about energy, even our awful politicians.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.69
Change
-0.095(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $2.315B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.65 $5.76 $5.63 $4.807M 846.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 11571 $5.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.69 4288 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.54am 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.70
  Change
-0.095 ( 1.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.66 $5.75 $5.64 131731
Last updated 12.12pm 13/05/2024 ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.