PDN 1.71% $13.24 paladin energy ltd

Uranium outlook

1. 4,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 719
    URANIUM & NUCLEAR FORECASTS
    Reviewd above link lat night and it tossed a curved ball at me. Really it was 2 items that grabbed my attention
    India powers past 6,000MW mark in nuclear energy and then the 2050 forecasts from Mining Council Australia (MCA).

I noted as you will MCA 2015 forecast a slight increase in 2016 which may be premature in timing!

In the India Power link it has a bonus gem "For example, the PLF of two units of 220MW capacity in Kalpakkam is around 65-70% as there is a shortage of nuclear fuel in the country."

Clearly Stockpiles are not an issue in India!

I have been focused on China and others building new reactors, the massive cost Japan is paying while its reactors are not utilized and mining output in Kazakhstan , Canada, Africa and here.

Eastern Europe and Other Asia are together almost as much as China. The Planned where both Eastern Europe and Other Asia are looking to build even more than China was an eye opener.

Back to Stockpiles. Hoarding U308 make a lot of sense especially while prices are so cheap. My reading for current mining output/ Current Use does not leave much if any for stockpiles for current reactors or for reactors under construction and almost not chance of stockpiling for planned reactors not yet started.

Just musing. I have all the uranium exposure I want for this sector. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.24
Change
-0.230(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.66 $13.70 $13.24 $115.9M 8.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60263 $13.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.29 42663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.