CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

re: dartboard-nt alp policy on uranium. Dartboard, here did you...

1. 676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    re: dartboard-nt alp policy on uranium. Dartboard, here did you get the article below. I haven't spotted it but was aware that it was the position of theN Chief Minisister; environment before mining.

I put the question of new uranium mines in writing to her and the NT Minister for Mines and Energy last week. I am expecting a written response this week. I recall her staff thought that Rum Jungle was still contaminated when I discussed matters early in the week but I aaadvised of the $10M clean-up in the 80's.
    Hope I didn't precipitate the policy response below, quite timely on election eve and aimed to capture the Greens vote.

My position is that we should focus on the oxides whilst moving to the sulphides, which will entail a major coming in. Any major exploration programs for U are down the track but a few holes at this stage is warranted to give a signal for future possible directions.

Ah well, I suppose I'd bettter go and vote. Result should be known by 8.00pm tonight.

Friday, 17 June 2005. 15:49 (ACST)

Northern Territory Chief Minister Clare Martin says a Labor Government will not support any new uranium mines.

It is the first time the party has made clear its position about uranium mining, other than ruling out support for a uranium mine at Koongarra in Kakadu National Park.

The Mineral Councils says there has been increasing interest from Australian and international companies to investigate uranium mining in the Territory.

But Ms Martin says Labor's position is clear.

"We're very keen to see other mines, and delighted that mines like Bootu Creek have started up," she said.

Ms Martin said she was not aware of the processes involved in her Government's approval of exploration licences for uranium miners in central Australia.

"But certainly what I'm saying very clearly: we do not support new uranium mines in the Territory."

Voluntary Disclosure: No Position Sentiment: None TOU violation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.