PTS 0.00% 4.0¢ platsearch nl

KALABITY URANIUM-COPPER-GOLD PROJECTPROGRESS REPORTJoint...

1. 13,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    KALABITY URANIUM-COPPER-GOLD PROJECT
    PROGRESS REPORT
    Joint venturer Western Plains Gold Ltd (ASX Code: WPG) has advised that an intensive field
    work programme searching for uranium, gold and copper mineralisation in the Kalabity
    tenement has commenced. The Kalabity project tenement EL 3297 is located in the
    southern Curnamona Craton in South Australia, near Olary (Figure 1).
    The planned field work programme will consist of a calcrete sampling programme
    covering most of the tenement area at more than 1,000 sample sites. This will be
    followed by in-fill sampling as required and RAB drilling of selected targets.
    The Kalabity tenement has significant potential for the discovery of intrusion-related
    uranium and rare earth deposits. There is one producing uranium mine in the
    Curnamona Craton at Beverley and another well-known deposit at Honeymoon. It is
    one of the more prospective provinces in Australia for uranium and was the site for
    Australia’s first producing uranium mine at Radium Hill.
    Within the Kalabity tenement there is outcropping uranium mineralisation (as davidite)
    associated with a zone of quartz veining at the KR4 prospect. An orientation calcrete
    sampling programme at the KR4 prospect by PlatSearch showed a definitive response
    over the known davidite mineralisation. These results indicated that calcrete sampling
    will be an effective tool with which to explore the wider tenement area where intrusive
    and sedimentary rocks anomalous in uranium and rare earths occur under thin soil
    cover.
    EL 3297 also has considerable potential for epigenetic iron oxide hosted copper-gold
    mineralisation similar in style to the replacement (Starra, Osborne) and breccia (Ernest
    Henry) deposits of the Mt Isa area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.