PDN 1.11% $11.79 paladin energy ltd

Uranium Spiking Very Hard!, page-219

1. 3,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1107
    The NFWG report supports US miners, US conversion and US enrichment. Nothing about the rest of the world except to reduce reliance on it and especially Russia and China. It recognises the importance of nuclear fuel to the US economy (and defense capability) but does not seek to promote nuclear power over other forms of power generation.
    I do not see why the report is going to increase world consumption of uranium. It is most likely going to increase fuel costs for US utilities (unless a form of federal subsidisation is included) because it is protectionist in nature and while that should be good for PEN and other US miners, I cannot see it as beneficial for PDN. In fact it will divert uranium supplies currently taken up by US utilities to other markets and hence put downward pressure on prices achievable in those non-US markets.
    SLX is another AUS company that will possibly benefit because they are developing a laser enrichment plant in North Carolina in partnership with Cameco but there is nothing to state this yet and the enrichment timeframe set out in the report is for 2023.
    The fall-back in the PDN price today is a suitable response to the report.
    Last edited by jogo: 24/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.79
Change
0.130(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $3.526B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.00 $12.14 $11.73 $24.12M 2.033M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7128 $11.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.85 5416 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.