auto - sounds like we can assume they are fibbing about the cost...

1. 9,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3495
    auto - sounds like we can assume they are fibbing about the cost reduction then - given the Sep quarter just blew up to $US35/lb.  ie to get to a 6% annualised cost reduction theyd now need to achieve $27/lb for next 3 quarters.   i have ZERO confidence they could achieve that.

i think its unlikely they will do better than $32/lb this quarter. Possibly get down to $US30-31/lb in March quarter next year.

As for "the part you miss" - you dont seem to have read my posts.  ??

I said in all of them profit breakeven is low $US50/lb - so obviously $58us sale price would put them in profit

you seem to just be willing to assume they will get $US58 shortly.

That may end up being true. But its just a guess.

And the whole point of this entire line of discusioon was to

a) demolish the bs myth that PDN makes money at the current uranium spot price

b) try to help people see why there's so much churn in stock at the 40c level - its between speculators who think uranium price is going higher fast and those who think it will be more drawn out return to profit - or who think the spot price may even stall

c) help people differentiate between what portion of current SP is defensible and what part is speculative.

im a holder and like the stock as a long buy and hold personally - but thats cos im in at 31c.

im just trying to educate some of the less scientific true believers so they understand their risks.

cos some of the bullish commentary has been super naive.

like your $US58/lb price call - if you think thats going to be achieved in Dec quater - which i assume you do given that was the context of previous post.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.33
Change
-0.430(4.91%)
Mkt cap ! $2.490B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.61 $8.68 $8.28 $23.77M 2.809M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9135 $8.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.36 2699 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.