EPM 11.1% 1.0¢ eclipse metals limited.

Uranium, Thorium etc

1. nro
    9,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3798
    I know a few posters say theres no uranium etc at Invittuut. EPMs Greenlandic tenement. Id tend to agree its not as high as others.

But just as unable to understand the truth on other projects. Greenland may also not understand EPM well too.
    and issues can arise from such a misunderstanding.

Here is a publication about Denmark allowing Greenland to mine Uranium. Yet their photo used is of Ivittuut.
    https://www.mining.com/denmark-to-decide-whether-greenland-can-start-mining-uranium-14660/

Apparently the anti uranium groups have targeted Ivituut among fellow miners appealing to the authorities to help disallow operations going ahead.

"In addition, there are uranium deposits at Illorsuit, Puissattaq, Ivittuut and Motzfeldt Lake"
    This was signed by over 40 International Environmental groups world wide. Do they all have this tenement targeted?
    https://www.nirs.org/wp-content/uploads/international/westerne/Statement%20on%20uranium%20mining%20in%20Greenland%2026%20April.pdf

Do these locals know something more that what documents have been released?
    Are they perhaps targeting Thorium like they have elsewhere? Do they feel that anything radioactive is an issue? Thorium isnt strongly radioactive. But concentrated it sure can be. Something not mentioned on any sales documents so far.
    We can see in the recent REE samples analyzed the Thorium can get extremely high up to 1370ppm.
    https://company-announcements.copyright link/asx/epm/043ec7f0-7ad4-11eb-b4df-c632268ed07c.pdf

EPM will need to deal with this toxicity and radiation to some degree as the wastes are well known on Google as being toxic too. Is this why the green groups are against this tenement too?
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40831-016-0083-3

Is it possible the Anti Uranium groups will target EPM further due to this?
    Its a well known issue around REE mining so would it translate to EPM as well if they mine?
    Environmental contamination with thorium around RE mining and processing sites is an issue of concern, and many incidences of health impact have been reported
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40831-016-0083-3

The best person to ask and according to the previous owner of this tenement a "radioactive dump" may also possibly be required here As the samples are up to 1370ppm

"Post #: 48316574
    GBB wrote; so the Th in the ground is about 1200ppm (this is based on about 2000 assays both my own and from ggg early drill holes) this is concentrated by floatation, now according to the company the rare earths go from 1.3% reo to about 23% reo. therefore the thorium should be increased in amount similarly ....all the Th is dumped into the chemical dump after it has been enriched my question.... if the international limit a is 130 ppm how can you get something that is going thousands of ppm to go to just 130ppm or are you going to label the chemical dump a radioactive dump"

How well will a "radioactive dump" go if this poster is correct. If all the thorium cant be captured and need to be dumped. If a former holders have these reservations should EPM look into it? Especially as EPM wouldnt have the years of experience with the approval process and requirements/expectations in the environment of Greenland to find a good deal .
    The sale and purchase of Ivittuut is at a very difficult time for EPM. COVID makes it quite difficult to access.. IA have moved into power and anti groups up and running and seemingly in power.
    Might not have been the best time to buy this tenement.
    More a good time to sell.

Also where will the Thorium go? Theres apparently no market for it.
    08/07/2016:20Post#: 45731043
    GBB wrote there effectively is no thorium market at the moment... it will have to be removed prior to export as the Chinese don't wantit unless you want to pay a penalty.

Its sale price isnt high apparently and theres a penalty when shipping to the major importer worldwide, China. Thorium may prove problematic and not very profitable.
    I havent seen EPM mention much about the thorium issue or the seller even. I hope it can be managed before the green groups get onto its approval. Problems solved early are better than saved late and perhaps absent much market awareness of this issue via EPM (and its media/public attention having a strong environmental focus in Greenland) I thought it worth the post in the hopes for additional awareness and solutions I am looking for

This is clearly my opinion being shared given these above findings and links. But as you can see its just an opinion and not absolute or guaranteed. So feel free to offer more insight so we can get a fuller picture on this issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $22.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ $7.263K 726.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 126409 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 267000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.0¢
  Change
0.001 ( 11.1 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ 30000
Last updated 12.36pm 26/04/2024 ?
EPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.