PDN 0.15% $13.17 paladin energy ltd

uranium ... to power planet & investor returns

1. 1,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    Uranium And Nuclear Energy To Power The Planet And Investor Returns

May. 27, 2014

They say "sell in May and go away." This seasonal sell-off effect appears to have happened early again for metals and mining stocks, which sold off in March after a brief run up earlier this year. With gold prices still sluggish and flat at around $1,300/oz., metals investors must be wondering where to find cover going into the Summer Doldrums when gold demand is lower.

I keep coming back to uranium as both a beaten-up metals play and as the world's key energy solution for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of renewables such as solar and wind power, but there are just too many reasons why these technologies will take too long to meet even a meaningful amount of the world's current energy demand, let alone future needs. In the meantime we still need to get off of expensive, inefficient, depleting and dirty fossil fuels.

In our growing world, nuclear power is the only practical solution to bridge the energy supply gap. This also positions uranium miners as one the greatest long-term investments. Many fear or don't understand nuclear power based solely on media sound bites, often sponsored by fossil fuel industries or misinformed environmental lobbyists. This article focuses on the many interesting facts to outline the importance of nuclear power and the timeliness of uranium related investments.

The Case For Nuclear Energy And Uranium

Nuclear reactors have been reliably supplying electricity to our power grids for 60 years. The world has 434 operable reactors, 72 under construction, 173 planned and 309 proposed as of April, according to World-Nuclear.org. As the number of reactors doubles by 2030, so will the demand for uranium.

Uranium is a metal which produces massive amounts of energy. Nuclear fission results from uranium-235 being bombarded with neutrons in a reactor, causing the U-235 atoms to break up and release huge amounts of energy. While uranium is as common as tin or zinc, only concentrated deposits are economical to mine. The largest uranium deposits are in Australia, Kazakhstan, Canada and Russia. etc ...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2239593-uranium-and-nuclear-energy-to-power-the-planet-and-investor-returns

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.17
Change
0.020(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $3.937B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.29 $13.39 $13.04 $23.61M 1.782M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7662 $13.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.18 22798 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.