BOE 4.58% $3.65 boss energy ltd

Uranium, page-38

1. 1,123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 364
    I listened to Saul Griffith and I must admit I am underwhelmed by his proposition. He follows the same deceptive path as all the other renewable advocates and that is he glosses over the facts such as commodity cost boom and ignores detail such as storage capacity and costs, in short he never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.
    He projects that because the costs of batteries have declined over the last 10 years that they will continue to decline at the same rate in the future. Where are the minerals for these batteries and solar panels going to come from over the next ten years? They will go to the highest bidder because they will be in short supply, the costs are about to rise rapidly.
    His answer to what happens when the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing is the sun is always shining somewhere, well it isn't in Australia, when the sun goes down it goes down until the next morning, which also coincides with low wind periods. His answer is it will come from WA, where does WA get their power when the sun goes down. He completely ignores the winter conditions and says the sun sets at 6.00pm which in winter it effectively sets a 5.00pm but that isn't the effective end of the sunlight, the electricity generation of a solar panel drops dramatically after 3.00pm, without boring everyone with the details it's because of the curvature of the earth. So the peak period of domestic use at 6.00pm isn't supported by solar energy, at present it is coming from our coal fired power stations.
    I stopped listening at the half way mark because he started getting even more ridiculous when he suggested that the batteries in electric cars and jet skis were going to be the power source at night. He must think the cars are going to stay at home all day and not go to work. What will a small business person do, they will work all day, drive their cars all day, get home at night and recharge their car for the next day. WTF is going through their minds.
    It's false prophets like these that mislead people, give them false hope and when the s..t hits the fan they're no where to be seen. They do more harm than good, please come up with a real plan for decarbonisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.65
Change
0.160(4.58%)
Mkt cap ! $1.493B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.57 $3.65 $3.45 $18.53M 5.154M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3177 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 12602 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.