OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

urgent letter to ozl directors

1. 468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32

The following is a letter sent to Oz minerals directors by myself and other shareholders and I urge other Oz Mineral shareholders to also pass it on to Barry Cusack as well as other directors.
    Barry Cusack and the other directors have to re-examine the alternative offers (yes plural)with shareholders interests their first priority and to at least give us details of the offers and the banking syndicates' opinion of them so that an informed decision can be made by shareholders on June the 11th.

email at [email protected] and all other directors simillarly, eg [email protected]

Dear sir

Following constant press speculation on alternative funding offers for OZL I urge you to seriously consider them taking into account the following:

Circumstances have changed so much since directors were forced into the sale process, which was understandable at that time, but everywhere we are seeing changes to deals done. Rio/ Chinalco is the obvious but capital raisings in the resource sector are becoming easier with other examples Pan Australian and First Quantum Minerals. Now is the time for Oz Minerals to consider alternatives and a changed deal.

The offer price US$1,206 million was worth A$1,726 million on the 1st April when the offer was made. Today it is worth A$1,504 million, a drop of $222 million due to the appreciation of the Australian dollar.

The Independant Experts Report has valued the assets to be sold at between A$1,979 million and A$2,286 million, far above the offer price by Minmetals but justified because of a lack of an alternative. Today we appear to have more than one alternative.

The break fee, 1% of US$1,206, US$12.06 million is inconsequential compared to the value being lost by shareholders.

Metal prices have risen considerably since the initial takeover offer and all projects should be cash flow positive. Sepon Copper, producing at last quarters production rate and costs , cash flows at US$3,000 per tonne or over US$200 million per annum. Our share of this asset alone is worth more than Minmetals total offer price using a conservative multiplier.

Taking into account these changes could you please answer the following questions:

Even in the Independant Experts Report there is confirmation that we are sellers at the absolute bottom of the cycle. Is the sale now absolutely necessary and have discussions been held with the banking syndicate putting to them the alternatives and seeking their opinion?

Have the offers been put to all directors in detail with independant advice?

Have directors with vested interests been excluded from consideration of the alternative offers?

As a shareholder presently I have two choices, to vote for or against the Minmetals offer. In the light of the changed circumstances could you provide all shareholders with details of the funding offer and the banking syndicates' position regarding those offers so that I can cast my vote, fully informed.

Yours faithfully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.