OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Unfortunately I've purchased OXR during the pre-merger with ZFX...

1. 74 Posts.
    Unfortunately I've purchased OXR during the pre-merger with ZFX in 2007 and cannot join the class action.

"OZ Minerals class action - the proposed claim The class action is proposed to be conducted on behalf of all persons who acquired an interest in OZ Minerals between 28 February 2008 and 27 November 2008 and who lost money because OZ Minerals failed to disclose the nature of its debt and refinancing obligations." (extracted from the
    Maurice & Blackburn Lawyers web site.)

It is in-comprehensible to predict that the merged Oz minerals with a mkt cap of A$12billion is being "held to ransom" over a refinancing debt taken out by Hegarty 4 days prior to the announcement of a merger. If Hegarty new of the 'refinanced debt' becoming 'current debt' during his tenure as Chair of the Board Integration Committee, then surely he is responsible for the oversight in paying down the then 'current debt'.
    Also, if the list of the top 20 shareholders on the Oz Min web site is current, (which I predict it is not), and lists NAB Nominees, HSBC Cus Nominees, ANZ Nominees, Citicorp Nominees, AMP, UBS etc then why is there a problem seeking refinance when some of these banks are providing the finance? Either they're out of Oz altogether or will extract fees out of the debt refinancing to counter their loss in share value. In other words, it's "dragging Oz over the coal fire",so to speak for all it's worth because market sentiment towards this company, it's executive & commodity prices had turned sour in a global economic downturn that is now found a floor and correcting back to more normal market conditions.
    Unfortunately, the complications continue as inflation will feed from the mass amount of money being printed together with the huge burden of debts the governments around the world face. The winners will be gold & silver.
    Oz minerals produces quite a bit of both and can conceivably pay down it's debt with management prepared to 'take on the challenge' & given time. Unfortunately this management team has run out of steam and the will to challenge the banking sindicate. Hence we end up in this current state of desperation in selling great Australian assets to more then grateful Chinese state own company for a song! Shareholders of Oz are told 'rubbish' to placate their concern and outrage at such a ridiculous proposition.
    We all make a choice, scrutinise the numbers as much as you like, but the truth is we are well and truly being 'taken for a ride'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.