LYC 3.00% $6.86 lynas rare earths limited

I must admit I am a bit perplexed with the US investing...

1. 1,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1911
    I must admit I am a bit perplexed with the US investing opportunity where Lynas is concerned. For example, I noticed that the recent offer will be extended to shareholders in Australia and New Zealand but not the US. It would seem to me that if the offer were available to one foreign entity (NZ) it should be available to all exchanges. Is this a function of Mellon Bank or are other forces at work?…

As a US Lynas investor I feel like we are taking a back seat to the rest of the investing community. For one thing we (LYSDY) are charged a significant and annoying “ADR fee” on an annual basis by the Mellon Bank (US). I am sure I could find this detail in the prospectus but knowing about these “hidden” charges do not eliminate them…

ADR’s are a direct investment and since actual shares are owned I am wondering why the current offer is not passed through to those who actually own the shares. As a question, since Mellon Bank physically holds my shares are they allowed to exercise the offer utilizing my shares?

I’m pretty sure we are looking at decisions made at the finance (banking) level but it escapes me as to who makes the decision that certain foreign investors (New Zealand) qualify for the offer while shareholders from other countries (holding direct ADR’s) are excluded….

If there is anyone who is better versed in these concerns and understands the current situation, I would greatly appreciate your input!…
    Last edited by toly: 19/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
0.200(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.412B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 $35.19M 5.141M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1605 $6.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.86 65562 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.86
  Change
0.200 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 1399403
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.