us and australia will eventually lose, page-26

1. 1,058 Posts.
    As a preface let me say that I really believe that Saddam Hussein and his cronies deserve to win the order of the Imperial arsehole.

The real question is how to do it. I believe that steady
    unrelenting pressure with a set of subsidiary deadlines
    that he must follow or be invaded is the way to go.

At the present time this looks more and more likely.

The next problem is Bush. As is well known he is a reformed drunkard who has become a born again Christian. The unfortunate thing is that he has surrounded himself with a mob of people who think the same way. They see the world from an astonishingly narrow perspective. They even believe in hegemon. The Americans will dominate the World and will not allow anybody else to threaten their dominance. Not surprisingly the Europeans think that the Bush Americans are uncouth uncivilised barbarians who are right wing crazies. It is only a matter of time that there is a Russian German French Alliance especially if the Americans grab the oil and steal the concessions given to Russia and France.

Why does John Howard support Bush. John Howard is a
    right wing old fashioned protestant who sincerely believes in what he is doing. Clearly he sympathises with Bush to the extent that it is overriding his normal astute
    political judgement. I would hate to see the Americans
    get hit with chemical and biological weapons but until the US middle class sees lots of mystery trains they will not understand that the US does not have unlimited political and military power.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.