I have an honest question, its my main question regarding the...

1. 3,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    I have an honest question, its my main question regarding the Voice.

The Voice is proposed to represent Indigenous Australians.

From the commonwealth website
    36.11 The legal historian, John McCorquodale, has reported that since the time of white settlement, governments have used no less than 67 classifications, descriptions or definitions to determine who is an Aboriginal person.

Thats a lot of reclassifying and dare I say as the indigenous population continue to mix gentically with the rest of the population that the definition may change also.

The constitution is not editied as easily as the definition of Indigenous Australian however.
    Which leads to my question - If the voice gets enshrined into the constitution - does a reclassifying of ( some )of the population it serves possibly lead to a potential loss of constitutional rights for people no longer deemed to be Indigenous?.

Im sure some mathematician can figure out how many people will be classed as indigenous 100 years from now , but lets say its 3 million.
    Thats a fair chunk of the population , and id guess many will be leading all manner of lives. Do they need a voice? And moreover if they are deemed not aboriginal enough by the government of the day how likely are they to win a fight over the removal of their constituional right to a voice?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.