SLX 4.75% $4.21 silex systems limited

us chooses four new nuclear utilities , page-9

1. 8,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1001
    Unluckytrader.
    GE build nuclear plants.
    Ford build cars.
    GE also wish to get into the nuclear enrichment business which is, as Moosey said, like supplying fuel for your car.
    This is as if Ford were also wanting to get into the petrol business as well as building and selling cars. They want to have a foot hold in the whole operation of nuclear power supply.
    The other thing that you say is "but the technology is owned by GE". This is not correct as I understand it. GE are licenced, by Silex, to develop the laser enrichment process further, and then use the process to enrich uranium for sale to power plants, but it is still owned by Silex.
    Silex are to receive a royalty payment of 7% to 12% on the enrichment process from GE as an ongoing income.
    The enrichment industry, as distinct from the nuclear plant building industry, is expected to grow to around US $20Billion per annum by around 2015.
    If GE gain just 20% of that $20 billion with the Silex process of enrichment, then Silex will get 7% to 12% of US$4billion, or around $400 million US per year, every year, for the forseeable future.
    So you can see that Silex, a small Aussie company with only approx 150million shares on offer, stands to make a hell of a lot of ongoing money from it's technology providing everything proves up OK over the next few months.
    There are a heap of nuclear plant builders around the world but only the Silex / GE partnership has the laser enrichment process which is state of the art technology.
    Using Moosey's analogy again, there is not a servo for every car on the road just as there will not be a uranium enrichment plant for every nuclear power plant.
    I think you will find that as far as the references to technology and India are concerned, they apply to GE technology for nuclear plant construction going to India and are in no way connected with the Silex enrichment process which will all be contained in South Carolina USA.
    I may stand to be corrected on a few points but I think what I have said is fairly accurate.

Kind regards

Lockitt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.