I'll add something - not to do with cc or mmcc or similar - but,...

1. 81,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I'll add something - not to do with cc or mmcc or similar - but, to disaster management

I think these people who talk about people living in flood plains etc are just plain morons

they seem totally bereft of 2 simple things

1. humans have developed societies and populations around rivers and harbours - that's what we do. That's what we've done for thousands of years - I suggest that's what we've done for a couple of million years of hominids

one look around the world shows us - London, River Thames, New York - Hudson, Brisbane -Brisbane River, Sydney - Harbour, Melbourne - Yarra and Port Phillip, Paris Seine, Hobart, Derwent, Launceston, Tamar

2. inundation from SLR - you can forget the 'flood plain' maps ------- they seem to be stuck in some tiny minded world where flood plains don't change ------ no concept of SLR at all and what it means for a huge human global population built on waterways in a highly developed permanent establishment

these morons wouldn't have got a part in the movie Idiocracy --------- because they are so bloody stupid, they would have been unbelievable

So, the moron brigade come on and tell us - 'we've had floods before'

uh huh ---------- but, we haven't had concrete high rises before ---------- goodbye gold coast and much of sydney, melbourne, brisbane ------------- just goodbye

and Oz is a tiny player -

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.