GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Skol - you do love to generalise. Apparently the gold bugs hate...

1. 716 Posts.
    Skol - you do love to generalise. Apparently the gold bugs hate that the US employment numbers were encouraging??

As I started the thread I'd respond as follows. My view is every asset has its day in the sun and often years in the dark. No-one can say whether gold's day is over or not - only father time will tell.

As regards the US employment stats I'd rather they were genuinely good as its better for the world if as many people as possible are doing well. I was just pointing out how misleading and willfully so that the US stats are, and I'm not alone. If you can't grasp that the participation rate has fallen to record modern lows and that that means the reality is far far worse than 7.7% unemployment then you are beyond help as far as understanding economics goes.

I wish you well with your equity investments. I don't know why everyone has to be so pro or anti gold or equities or anything really. A good spread of assets has worked well for me the past 10-15 years.

I'm split over the following at the moment cash 15%, gold & silver 20%, bonds 10%, equities 30% and farm land approx 25%. I think equities are overdone here and have reduced from 40 to 30% roughly but who knows.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.