SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

I'm pretty convinced the Yanks are the only ones who could make...

1. 6,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506
    I'm pretty convinced the Yanks are the only ones who could make this work, too. They're the only ones with enough knowledge and experience in shale, the can-do attitude, and unlike us Aussies they don't take excuses or suffer fools gladly in the workplace.

Far too many people in this Australian resources boom, in my experience (across both mining and O&G), shouldn't have a job, and wouldn't have a job if they were working for an American oiler. Some geos I've worked with I wouldn't trust to clean the toilets, and plenty of managers I wouldn't trust to supervise them in doing so. That's a major reason IMO why costs are blowing out to the point of pushing what should be very successful LNG projects to the very brink of viability.

And we think we can develop a shale industry which even the Yanks can only JUST make profitable? Something like 8 out of 10 US shale wells are borderline or unprofitable as it is, but the other 2 make up for them.

Get out the way and let the Yanks do it IMO. I'll gladly sell them my SXY shares... for anywhere north of $1.50. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.