$$us-gold......decoupling?

1. 339 Posts.
    Few weeks back we (happily) witnessed a rare phenomenon.
    The embryonic stage of $-Gold Decoupling in.......Gold's favour...
    In other words.....The $US was (rightly OR wrongly) commencing its ascendancy against othe currencies (especially against the STILL moribund Euro) and surprise-surpise (pleasantly-pleasantly for us, gold Yellow Metal....-some are more Yellow-mellow than others- followers) was moving in tandem of the Greenback...Upwardly.....
    It did so for a while and we were very happy....
    Tonight (Australia's time zone) a not too dissimilar, yet disturbing, phenomenon seems to be taking place......
    A decoupling of the two anti-magnetic pecuniary forces alright.....Yeah.....It seems to be continuing.....BUT....Disturbingly.....Very disturbingly (last time I checked that is), BOTH......
    The $US and the price of Gold are going backwards.....
    Strange...Very strange phenomenon indeed....
    The inverse relationship between the "traditional foes" $US and Gold seems to have ceased to exist.....
    Why?
    Are we about to witness the last throes of one of the two greatest "bartering, dynamic and most valueable" powers ever appearing on this planet?
    I would hate to say so.......I would not even remotely were to take sides if such an eventuation is about to occur......
    What the world , the Great USA, the Seventh World Empire, and the rest of us need is: A reasonably, acceptably strong $US and an equally powerful Gold price, within limits of-course......
    Let's say......(since the Euro is almost non-existent)....
    a price of $600 per ounce, under the precent circumstances......And....And..(daily) of-course for our lovable markets, to decide according to supply...demand and other variables (inflation, currency instability, political upheavals, petroleum prices etc.)....
    Well.....By now things may have changed.....I have not checked gold's price for more than 20 minutes (guests...)......However.....The above can be food for thought under any circumstances.....
    Great weekend!!!! To all of us....
    Caulfield tomorrow........Hm??? I like.....Demerger....Lachlan River...And Bruce's tip.....Portland Singa......I hope it wins for him, if he is closely linked (with the $1 million + pricemoney for the winner).....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.