BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Enterprise value of just...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Enterprise value of just US$65m....ridiculous.

------------------------------------

This information when posted here a couple of weeks ago, received some attention....But I think, it could be of high significance for Biota.

-----

US Government Health Dept now planning somewhat of a different strategy to roll out mass production of anti-viral influenza drugs. US Government by far, the most dominant customer and driver of "the way things are done" (my words).

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=a21e892acb99ffc4d42acd79d0cd9278&tab=core&_cview=0

Quote:

"Ultimately, these influenza antivirals shall be produced at one or more Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-licensed domestic manufacturing facilities and shall provide sufficient surge capacity to contribute substantially to U.S. and ideally global antiviral drug needs during an influenza pandemic."

"..... and development of required industrial capacity to support implementation of the influenza antiviral drugs at full production capacity at or before the onset of a pandemic. "

WHO in a detailed February document endorsing LANI for future use.....whilst suggesting Toyama Chemical Co Favipiravir T-705 was in early stage testing.

In fact T-705 daily dosage of 150mg/kg (ie plate of cereals type quantity)may ultimately restrict its commerical practicality.

This US Dept of Health and Human Services solicitation was specifically for LANI...would be my view. Biota would have been in discussions for weeks/months and would know it was coming.

Award date is around 30th November....it is not surprising that US Health would seek to have more control over the whole process of manufacture and distribution of influenza ant-virals in pandemic circumstances.

Any US Health Dept deal with Biota/ LANI...virtually anything at all, would likely be a strong positive for this stock.

Need to wait several months - but certainly end of Nov for likely public release of results of this solicitation....would be strong share price driver.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.