GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

us inflation figures out tonight, page-10

1. 2,762 Posts.
    Hi ctindale your posts are always well reasoned and interesting. Deflationist therory though just isn't cutting it these days. The idea that it's always just around the corner I suppose is possible, but you'd have to say that it becomes more unlikely over time as it doesn't happen.

- extreme deflationary pressures (US housing prices and credit contraction) meets
    - extreme inflationary pressure (US and UK money printing)

Who'll win? Helicopter Ben imo. It's just too easy and too much in their interests to depreciate their debts that are fortunately in their own currencies. Debts are gigantic so it's their only way out anyway. Symbolic rates raise of one of the internal rates from 0.5% to 0.75% lol. Producer prices for the month (1/12 of a year) were 1.4%. !! Significantly negative real interest rates, lol. How long will deflationists hoarding USD be able to hang on to their depreciating "asset"? Have you seen the pound today? 0.58 to the AUD lol. UK is absolutely and completely [content moderated].

Are you saying Fed inflation numbers could be manipulated up? That would be a new one on me, as I would have guessed it's the opposite.

Anyway, glad you like gold in the long term. One point, back in 1985-2000 gold miners were actually producing quite well. Now gold production has likely peaked out. Big pshycological impact as that becomes clear imo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.