GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Ctindale,In response to your table 'Gold in recessions has a...

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Ctindale,

In response to your table 'Gold in recessions has a checked history'...you can hardly include the data from the first 5 recessions as the gold price was fixed at $35. Remove them from the equation and the returns are alot better than you would have people believe.

Do you have a timeframe on when GFC2 will be upon us?
    Do you have a timeframe for when gold will to $750 - $850?
    How have you come to this figure for gold? Technical analysis?
    Do you have a projected taget for the US dollar index when all this occurs?
    At $750-$850 gold, you then just think everything will turn on it's head and gold will start it's bull run again?

A stronger dollar will not necessarily mean weaker gold prices. Take just the last couple of weeks for example. GOld was beaten down to $1040 or so...then in the face of a dollar that has just broken out to new highs, the fed funds rate hike and the annoucement of the IMF gold sale, Gold has still managed to rise $80 or so in that time.

What ammunition do gold bears have left to throw at gold?

Perhaps you should take up Peter Grandich's $50000 challenge...might be the easiest $50K you've ever made.

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy your posts, obviously we have vastly differing opinions. But if I had listened to people with your view over the past 5 years, I would've never got into gold...but as I see it (in a simplistic way, it's gone from $250 to $1250) and all the factors causing that are in place and are not about to change anytime soon.

Cheers

SW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.