us jobs down , down and down, page-21

1. 192 Posts.
    Grant whoever you are, this post could have been written by me.....I have been concerned for some time now that we are living in precarious times. I know that the Gov. as they would put a positive spin on the economy, but the points you higlighted are the facts.

We have to do something, reduce debt. is the answer and that can only be achieved by higher Interest rates, and NO government will do that in an election year, so our personal debt. just keeps getting higher and higher. The UK and the US both appear to be trying to do something about this with increasing rates, and we in our tiny cocooned environment, live beyond our means.

If the US has problems ours will be manifestly worse.

On the positive side, the US jobless figures, in my opinion are incorrect, if you include non payroll in the figure it is over 500,000. However the US economy is still strong, most corps. have huge cash surplus and this Oil price which is now $44 (US) is actaully lower than it was in 1974 etc. taking account of inflation, overraection is the name of the game, and sometimes markets do just that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.