A great deal of expectation rests on the non-farm payroll...

1. 568 Posts.
    A great deal of expectation rests on the non-farm payroll numbers due for release in the US tonight. Every man and his dog has an opinion, but almost all that I have heard are predicting positive (read big) numbers. So, in my humble opinion, I once again think that these positive numbers are again 'factored in'. There will probably be a surge in the US Markets, including the US$ when the figures are released, with everyone from John Kerry to John Snow claiming credit

Eventually things will settle again, and as I said the other day, the nub of the issue is that production of goods and services has, for the moment, moved to Asia, and more specifically India and China. I wonder if they release jobs numbers in India and China, and if they do, I wonder if this causes gyrations in their markets .... I somehow doubt it.

To me, it is as plain as the nose on my face, that as a result of so much economic activity having moved out of the US, surely that would include jobs growth also having moved off-shore?

The good numbers are factored in. Some smart guy (Peter Lynch ex head of the Magellan Fund, if my memory serves me correctly) once said 'buy straw hats in winter'. What a great time for selling the US$, selling the US Markets, for buying gold, for buying the yen, and for buying the euro.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.