Cash will remain king for the next 6 months at the very...

1. Osi
    15,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201

Cash will remain king for the next 6 months at the very least.

Government money printing will lead us to high consumer price inflation but we aren't near that tipping point yet.

I expect the vast majority of developing countries to default on their debt (of have if forgiven) over the next year or two. The same will be true of some emerging economies. To rub the doom into gloom , Biden is flagging no return to US leadership in a (so-called) globalised world economy. Huge mistakes will be made during foolhardy returns of many G7 economies to more of an isolationist stance. Real income within those economies will fall dramatically.

On superannuation ..... make sure that cash is actually cash. There are plenty of products that look like cash, smell like cash and generally behave like cash but they aren't cash. Also be careful on which banks any supperannuation fund holds deposits with.

I was bullish about the AUD until a (likely) Vic truck driver visited the Cross Roads Hotel. Now I don't know. Cash like everything else is exposed to high risk.

Last edited by Osi: 14/07/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.