AJX 0.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

Yay / Nay? ... lets say optimistically hopeful.I recall a...

1. 1,075 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    Yay / Nay? ... lets say optimistically hopeful.
    I recall a conversation perhaps 2-3 years back where uniforms were looking to go to the Marines that US summer - so I think patience remains the key here.
    If they can do it successfully and the Marines trial it successfully and then adapt it, and then later it is adapted by the US Army and wider forces the company and shareholders will be on a big winner

I must admit after the March 4c it was looking like abit of a lost cause [to me] - but that just seems to be the wording that was used in that update and things totally turned around in the latest June 4c. I'm wondering if AJX are being a little more cautious in their commentary these days - not over promising and under delivering - the uniform announcement caught me pleasantly surprised - as did the body armour announcement - which is the first I had heard we were looking in that area. I would kind of like more announcements like that going forward - something coming out of the blue (after no doubt a lot of hard work behind the scenes) and it leaves me hopeful perhaps that they may be working on other developments and with cough "ICL" to finally get something out with them

A rolled good application make sense to me (with no understanding in this area) as I guess the FR application would be "uniform" over the entire uniform - whereas applying it to a finished uniforms with pockets and collars and underarms etc ... seems more difficult - the only question I would have is is there any lose of FR integrity when the material is cut and shaped into uniforms on those cut edges and also when it is sown with needle holes and stitching (unless the uniform is glued?).

And then there is also a question as to how quickly the Marines can conduct a trial and how long that will take and how long it will take for them to make a decision, but again I am cautiously optimistic here after noting that the US Marines had a Request for Information (RFI) on FR treatment that went out in the first half of this year. Of course this also means that other companies can offer their treatment - but as FR has always been a hard nut to crack then they are hopefully inferior submissions.

Task and Purpose Jan21 article extract ...
    "The Marine Corps is currently searching for a combat utility uniform that combines the benefits of its current two uniforms into a single system, according to a new notice from the service.Marine Corps Systems Command released a request for information in mid-January in search of industry input into producing “a flame-resistant (FR) and signature-mitigated modification” to the existing Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (MCCUU)."

"....the next-generation uniform won’t actually look different from the existing ones ...."

I think the RFI closed around April or May this year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.