BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Hi guys,Ofcourse we would like to know about every Relenza sale...

1. 9,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655

Hi guys,

Ofcourse we would like to know about every Relenza sale that has been signed, sealed and delivered, right now there and then.

But that is not the case, has never been the case, and will not be the case in the future.

The only way for us to find out about a sale of Relenza, is when it is announced by the government and appears in the media.
    If that happens, then Biota can asked GSK to confirm this deal, as it is in the media, and has been announced by that government.

The Australian purchase of Relenza was a good example of this and Biota did announce this.

A lot of goverments want to keep their stockpile purchases of antivirals to themselves and do not want it in the media for whatever reasons.

So the deal with relenza is that it has been licensed out to GSK, and hereby Biota has basically nothing to do with it.

They are not allowed to promote it or make media statements about the product.
    Any media/ASX statements that will be made are those that are markets sensitive and/or are in the public arena.

So Biota can only take the royalties and bank them as they come in, as they have been doing in the past.

For us shareholders to know how many Relenza has been sold is waiting for the Quaterly reports, and we will have one in the next couple of weeks.

No different from any other company we invest in, we all have to wait for company reports from the companies we invest in, only if we are lucky we get an update and guidance of how that quaterly is going to look like.

No difference here with GSK or Biota.

And to go to other issues regarding my personal thoughts regarding the GSK and Biota relationship is a total different story.

What I do know is that we have a new CEO in both Biota and GSK.
    What I do know is that GSK has now publically stated that they are ramping up production towards 190 million dosis.

What I do know is that Tamiflu resistance is now widely spread and will probably increase more and more.

What I also know is that Laninamavir will be partnered off within the next couple of months.

What I also know is that HRV is looking also better then it has ever been and that they are now looking for a partner to license it out.

And what I also know is that the share price is rising and is very strong and that we get $20 million returned to share holders before this year is out.

Last but not least, Biota is sitting on close to $100 million in cash and will be getting a very strong cash flow for some years to come from Relenza and many more years from Laninamavir.

So you probably understand that I am a happy holder and will be for some time to come.

good luck to all

jojo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.