us payrolls better = qe taper sooner?, page-2

1. 85,615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Afternoon,

I don't care if the kids and the dog get a job.

Bennie has to pay the interest on the USA massive credit card bill - no amount of new jobs will change that.

It HAS to be paid.

There are only 2 ways and one very big elephant waiting in the wings.

One way - print more to pay the interest.

Second way - cut costs massively and put savings towards interest - only problem here is anarchy - just a small issue.

And, the elephant -- interest rate pressure.

If the pressure rises a fly's fart - the interest bill grows like a balloon on a gas bottle - big problem Ben.

They can make as many jobs as they like - the die is cast. All Ben can hope for is the house of cards to remain standing until he walks out that door.

Once he walks, it's someone else's problem - and boy, is it a problem.

To me it's a bit like twin towers - you can see the damage, but you hope it can be controlled. You see how big the structures are, you know there are safety features and you know there are safe passages.

But, the structure has been mortally damaged and it is only a matter of time.

Then, all of a sudden, the whole lot collapses in one great big dusty explosion.

I know that sounds melodramatic - but, the USA has so many giant elephants in the room now it must be just about impossible to walk between them.

Their debt alone towering above them is nothing short of terrifying.

If that were a machine on a jack - would anyone crawl under it?

This house of cards only needs someone to fart loudly and the lot will come down.

Ben knows it.

Have a great day all

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.